Monday, January 13, 2014

Searching for the Elect



Wow Mom!  You are a super stalker dawg.

My new companion is doing great. Today is his birthday. We are working really hard and we are really seeing success.  We would be baptizing like crazy right now but ALL of our investigators (we have 19) need to get married. All of them. So they will just have to wait until February I guess. Oh well my friends.

I got to see Elder Blake. He's like my best friend. I saw him at transfers. You know what I think would be funny is if when Elder Kennedy or Elder Palmer get down here if I get to be their trainer. That would be way radical.

My Portuguese fluent now. I dream in Portuguese, I think in Portuguese, I even sneeze in Portuguese!  

tchau tchau atê logo, (bye bye, later)

Elder Tagg

*so I (Nathan's Mom) caught Elder Tagg online and asked for more details for perhaps a missionary story....I also asked what he'd like for his birthday. I got this response from him*

Mahm!!!! I don have time to tell you a missionary story! I have to pay for time here so sorry if my letters are getting shorter... but Ize gotz no moneys.

I'm not done writing people and I will definitely get to Dad.

and I want purple ties, and a new set of socks. Preferably not wool, like the ones that I have now. They are way too hot.

luh Elder Tagg

 Nathan's companion writes great letters!  Here are Elder Witham's words:

"This week was full of these experiences, realizing just how much prayers have been answered. There is a new rule in the mission that investigators have to go to church 3 times before they can be baptized. We have a ton of investigators that have been coming to church and have testimonies and are so ready for baptism, but they need to get married. all of our most solid investigators need to get married. (litterally we have 6 couples that are living together and that need to get married) Here in Brazil it is a really stupid unorganized process that you have to go through to get married and it takes anywhere from 15 days to 3 months. So none of our solid investigators could get baptized this month. But we really want a baptism for January and in order for that to happen the person would have to come to church the next 3 Sundays which are the last 3 Sundays of the month. So if we were going to find a baptism for this month we had to find the prepared person last week. We worked so hard to find this person that the Lord had prepared for us the whole week. I was praying so hard that we could find someone. We worked so hard, talking to everyone, visiting every potential and all of the formal investigators that we could and inviting everyone to be baptized on the 26 of January and litterally no one was accepting or they had other problems that made it so they couldn't be baptized in three weeks. We needed to find an elect. So finally, Saturday comes and we go and visit this guy named Cleiton that we had met last week and we taught him the restoration and after explaining the promise that he could know these things are true for himself, we invited him to be baptized on the 26th and he accepted!!! And he came to church yesterday!!! Obviouslly I dont know how it will go from here, but the point is, that God answered our prayers, as He always will so long as we trust in him enough to keep going in faith. Cleiton is a really awesome guy that really is ready for this in his life. He is humble and loves the Lord. Please keep him in your prayers so that he can be baptized and enter into the kindom of God and one day return home.
Nathan's "Awesome" companion Elder Witham


Searching for the elect

No comments:

Post a Comment