Monday, August 11, 2014

Free Masons

Queridissima mom,

So yeah I did talk to My Mission President about all that jazz (side note: us coming to pick him up at the end of his mission). He said that you guys would be able to come and get me here. We will work out the details later but for now I would start working on the visa stuff if I was you.

Oh and yeah I freaking baptized M! (someone who befriended me on Facebook) He's my future missionary!

But anyways this week was good. We were thrown in to a bunch of tight situations this week. One drunk guy stopped us on the road today and started saying all this random stuff. He started trying to tell us that we were worthless blah blah blah so  we stood there and listed to him make a fool of himself for a good 10 minutes, it was a good laugh.

Drunk people are crazy.

We had a moment of pride on Sunday when we got to church, there was a small group of Sumos and the Bishop standing in the doorway discussing the situation of one of the inactives in the ward named E. they were saying things like "we need to send the Elders to his house"  "We need him active in the ward again." Then I showed up with him and his equaly inactive wife, right in front of the Bishop and Sumos. (oh by the way Sumo means High Preist.) and the Ward Mission Leader. BOOYAH!  They were all like "hmm yes... the Elders are working very well..." "Yes I see them doing contacts in the favela" "Fine work ma' boys!" 

So yeah I had to really struggle to not let that one go to my head. 

But anyways today I'm going to have lunch with this guy in our ward who SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER smart he knows SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER deep doctrine and has already taught me a ton. He's a free mason, but he's inactive in the Free Masons. On the mission I have developed an increasingly large interest in free masonry. Did you know Joseph Smith was a mason? so was Brigham Young!


Maybe one day I will be one ... who knows?  You have to be invited.

Elder Tagg

No comments:

Post a Comment