Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bringing Somebody to Christ

Wow it was Audrey's birthday! and Valentines day!

So I just got transfered to Planalto! the RICHEST area in the mission! It was super strange coming from 'Babalon' Eldorado.

But that's not the best part because ELDER BLAKE IS IN MY DISTRICT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And my comp is a district leader named Elder Taylor.

So Planalto is cool there are a lot of predios (a taller multi-story building--sky scraper like). I don't have as many investigators as I used to and it is WAY bigger. We walk a lot. 

I had photos of me and Elder Taylor (my new comp), but the computers are not loading them so grr. Next week though.

Right after I emailed last week, Elder Witham and I went to go visit Beth (the smoker). When we told her I was leaving she just got super sad. After like 20 minutes of talking I shared like a two sentence message and I just told her not to let anything stop her from making it home to her Heavenly Father and then she started BAWLING HER FREAKING EYES OUT. Then when Elder Witham and I were walking down the road away from her house, I STARTED CRYING. I have never cried like that before. Elder Witham told me that I had made an impact on this area and that I wouldn't be forgoten. I learned right then and there that numbers and baptizms are not the way you measure your success, but it is the impact you make on people's lives. It's about the progress. I only baptized one person in my last area, but I learned that I had done all I was there to do. I think the reason I had never cried like that was because I had never felt the joy of bringing somebody unto Christ before.


Well that's all,

tchau!

The TAGG

found this gem on Elder Blake's Blog!
These guys are silly!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like quite a bromance between Elders Tagg and Blake.

    So glad that Nathan is feeling the joy of missionary work!

    ReplyDelete