Thursday, July 31, 2014

Not The Missionary I Was 6 Month Ago

Hey Mahm!

So I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosososo happpy that Evan got his eagle! Yeah the guys who do the interviews are butts. I got boy scout Hitler as an interviewer.

Yeah so now I'm in Ala Baeta Nevis! it's still Sao Bernardo but it's in a different zone. But yeah, this area is enormous and has 

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOns of hills.

This ward has a lot of potential, but the area is really unorganized. There is a giant slum on one end of our area that is impossible to work in because nobody has a car and nobody can come to church, and its filled to the brim with inactive members. So basically it's just like my first area in Brazil: Eldorado. (remember Eldorado? nick named outer darkness...). So we are trying to find people to work with on the other side of our area... but the problem is that everybody we find on the richer side lives in the giant slum. So yeah, it's a little bit of a challenge. But I'm not the missionary I was 6 months ago. This transfer we will have miracles! I'm planning on working a LOT with the members. We split the area with Sisters, but there is no division line well established. My new companion is M.P. He's a dude from Rio de Janeiro (they call guys from Rio Careokas, it doesn't make sense. they just do).  He's a really cool guy, but he struggles a lot with a lot of things. He's really smart and teaches really well. I am finishing his training right now as LD. But yeah he is having a really hard time right now, but I'm really doing every thing I can to motivate him and to encourage him to work. We've been doing contact challenges, where one challenges the other to do something crazy in his next contact. It's been a lot of fun. Some of the challenges are a little strong though. A gente brinca. (translation: we play)

So right now I give my area the following ratings;

members: 9.5
investigators: 5.01
companion: 1-10
organization: 0
Swank :11.6

Love, Elder Tagg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I dont have any photos of my mug (I had asked him to show me his mug in a photo in my last letter) to give you right now, but here is my face pressed on the keybord:

 trj8bvhjvg

 its not the same, I know... but it's close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment