Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Unforgettable Week

9/22/14
So I will start my email this time by answering your questions instead of forgetting. So actually, I have had Dad's ties and the side bag (which I love so much. Thank you!) for almost 2 months now. 

Yeah... sorry about that one.


About my companion, he's legit. His training has been relatively easy. He reminds me a lot of Evan. They even have almost the same birthday just one year apart. (His is on the 7th) so they are both the same horoscope. I still haven't trained an American yet. I've only had 2 transfers on my whole mission where I haven't been training. and I have only passed through stakes. if that doesn't make sense please tell me.

This week was unforgettable for me. In good ways and bad ones. I ran into a total of 3 (3!!!!) of my four recent converts from my last area. Each one was a very emotional experience that was completely unexpected.

Elder Tagg taught this talented artist.  His name is Matheus

Pretty scary how accurate it is

A finished product of Elder Tagg

(so after seeing these photos posted by the artist on Facebook I commented to Elder Tagg that I was surprised at how nice the halls of the church building looked.  Here is what he said in response to that...)

Hmm. did you think that the churches here are like, made of clay and bamboo or something? whaeryathinkin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It's been a while since I sent you guys some pictures!
 (and the following photos just make me laugh... what sillies)




This one is my favorite.  why bother?
9/29/14

Hey Mom,

So life here in Baeta Neves is going well and we are having success. (Finally)
My companion is doing great and we get along really well. 

So I think I'll start this email off with a miracle and a half. Our mission has a goal of 410 baptisms in four months. And the goal of the first month was 75, and statistically it was looking like we wouldn't make it. But we did. We hit the goal on the head! 75 baptisms for September. BOOYEAH!

(Elder Tagg pushed send on accident here and for about 15 min I thought this was all I would get this week... then this arrived)

Woah Im not really sure why I sent that email in the middle of typing, it just seemed like an amazing finish so I pushed the send button. 

But this week we were super blessed! We have a ton of people lined up for baptism this month and they are all looking pretty firm! (which is good because its been a while since I've baptized) 

But I can't really think of anything to say right now... I'm stoked that Evan is going to the priesthood meeting. It looks like he's ficando firme! (getting firm)

But for my Christmas package, the only think I need is... I don't know

Love Elder Tagg

No comments:

Post a Comment