Monday, March 24, 2014

Actually I do miss... A lot

Queridíssima Mamãe (Dearest Mom)

So this week I decided to take the challenge in *Ether 12:27Yeah so it works, turns out the scriptures are right.

 There is a saying that there are two things you should never pray for, patience and humility. So I prayed for patience, and would you guess what happened? I got exactly what I didn't want this transfer... Nothing. I am staying with Elder T, I am staying junior companion. Sigh. So.... patience 'check!'. 

Humility has been something I have been working on a lot lately.  The more I learn the more I realize how weak I really am. Something I have learned is just how to put everything in the hands of the Lord. I was really getting down on myself because being humbled really sucks... then I started reading the scriptures.  In third Nephi where Jesus prays for the children and then cries for the children. I realized that eternally speaking {we} I am really just a child... I need to be more patient with myself. I am not perfect. However because of the atonement I have the ability to become perfect. I think a large part of life is understanding this.

So all my super solid investigators just got baptized. but we are moving forward still, some people like to compare missionary work to being on an elevator, where you just load on as many people as you can and try to get them all to the top and have a baptism explosion.  Then you have to go back for more. but really it is better to work like an escalator. Missionary work has to flow, and its always better to have fatter escalators. Fatter.

Me and my LMA (ward mission leader, in Portuguese) are really pulling for the support of the ward and we have been recieving a TON of good potential referrals from members. I love this ward so freaking much. But anyways this coming week Elder T and I will be working really hard to contact them all and to get them progressing. if tudo da certo a gente vai ter batismos pra carumba. (translation: if everything works out we'll have ?carumba? baptisms).


Love you mom atê! (until)

Elder Tagg

*Either 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.



No comments:

Post a Comment